Every day is a new day….praise God!! I’m glad we get to start over, fresh. No matter what happened yesterday, or the day before, today is a new day. When it comes to your health, your relationships, etc. I think we all need a fresh start each morning. Don’t let yesterday’s failures, fights, mess-ups, or sadness keep you stuck from making even just one good choice for yourself today.
One place we can all easily feel like we “blow it” is our food and health. Today’s a new day!! Start fresh and go from here. You CAN make a shift and it doesn’t have to kill you.
That’s why I say “I LOVE Shaklee 180”!!! Shaklee 180 has made it so feasible for me to live a healthy lifestyle without having to obsess mentally over every little thing I’m eating. If I have bad days or get a little off track, 180 brings me right back. It is super simple for me to just swap out 1 or 2 meals a day with something 100% natural and real. I’m a busy mom and business owner and definitely need FAST every day. But I feel great knowing that what I’m putting in me at least once a day is telling my body to burn fat all day and keep my muscle. I work really hard to build muscle….I surely don’t want to be losing it any time soon! 🙂
And I have personally found that what I’m putting in me is 80% of my success. It’s just hard to always, every day put the right things in. But if I get Shaklee 180 every day, 1/3 of the battle is won! And it takes less than a minute and I enjoy every bit of it!!
I experimented with a new combination this morning, and the result? DELISH!
- 1/2 serving Chocolate 180
- 1/2 serving Strawberry 180
- 4-5 frozen strawberries
- handful of spinach
- 1 cup (8 oz.) water, coconut, or almond milk
- 4 cubes ice
It turned out greenish, brown, but man it tasted good! I love chocolate covered strawberries, so this is a great swap out. And spinach can be hidden in almost anything.
My friend Laura Evens lost 31 lbs. and 7 inches in her waist doing the full Shaklee 180 program!! She went from a size 10 to a size 2.
HealthyOates Lifestyle Tips:
1. If you have fresh strawberries in the fridge that are about to go bad, and you don’t want to waste them, throw them in the freezer to use later in your shakes!! When I come home from the grocery store, I always pick through my strawberries because inevitably there are a few that are already getting “squishy.” Freeze them instead of wasting them (unless there is anything hairy growing out the sides)! 🙂 Before cleaning or eating, I wash them all with Basic H2 Organic Cleaner (non-toxic cleaner that you can use on fruits and veggies to get pesticides and dirt off).
2. We buy huge bags of spinach or kale from Costco. We fill up an airtight container in the fridge to eat off of for the week and then I freeze the rest in freezer bags. I use this frozen spinach in Shaklee 180 Smoothees, blended up in our red pizza or pasta sauce, or chopped tiny in taco meat.
3. Remember that all new habits take time to form! You (and your family) may not be “there” over night. Keep doing it and in 6 weeks or less, look back and see what you’ve mastered. Pick one area to work on. If it’s swapping out your sugar cereal breakfast or Starbucks fix for a 180 Smoothee, do that for the next 30 days-6 weeks and a new habit will form. If it’s to add more green into your food, do that!!! You’ll be amazed at all the new things you accomplish if you just pick one thing a month. That’s 12 new changes and good habits you can form by the end of 2012!!!
Keep on keeping on! It’s a journey, and I am proud of all of you who are on it….one step at a time!! For me today, it is one smoothee at a time. 😉