Information provided by Dr. Nasr
Dr. Nasr has a B.S. in Agronomy; M.S. in Biochemistry of anti-oxidants and a PH.D. in Pharmacognosy (science of bio-active products). He received his M.D. from Rush Medical College in Chicago , followed by Internal Medicine and Cardiology fellowships from Chicago Medical School . He is a member of the American College of Nutraceuticals and the American College of Preventive Medicine and is Director of the Medical Care & Diagnostic Center, Lake Villa, IL.
In November 2004, Dr. Mohamed Nasr spoke in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the benefits of soy. Below is a synopsis from notes from the conference. He uses Shaklee Soy exclusively because it has the very best and most complete soy protein and isoflavone content.
1. Optiflora and Soy Protein increase the absorption of protein, decrease gas and discomfort and decrease cholesterol by 23%
2. 60 studies have been conducted showing soy protein increases bone density more than just Calcium Magnesium does.
3. 2 studies show that soy and vitamin E together decrease LDL (bad cholesterol) by 40% and that is 17% greater decrease than Zocor and Lipitor
4. 2 studies show that soy protein inhibits oxidation of LDL (bad cholesterol) by 40%. When cholesterol oxidizes, it becomes “sticky” and in this condition is when it can attach to blood vessel walls.
5. Soy prevents gall stones. It doesn’t dissolve them but it prevents them.
6. Soy prevents kidneys from damage. Lots of animal protein may be hard on the kidneys, but soy protein protects the kidneys
7. Shaklee’s protein includes valuable protein and isoflavones that are not present in other soy proteins produced with heat or chemicals. Shaklee’s low heat – water wash process keeps the isoflavones in the protein. Isoflavones are natural cancer fighting ingredients that occur naturally in soy.
8. Soy’s protein and Isoflavones inhibit the mutated cell’s ability to make an enzyme that would cause the cell to reproduce.
9. Soy inhibits the cancer cell from making the body provide it with additional blood supply (additional blood supply is called angiogenesis).
10. Soy increases the killing effect of the white blood cells (phagocytosis).
11. Soy’s amino acid Lysine when combined with Vitamin C decreases Colon Cancer by 90%.
12. The flavanoids (like those in Shaklee’s Flavomax) when combined with Soy Protein are synergistic (they work even better together) and decrease breast cancer 10 fold.
13. Beta carotene (like those in Shaklee’s CarotoMax) when combined with Soy Protein and Calcium with Vitamin D are 10 times as effective at preventing cancer cells from getting additional blood supply.
14. Women in the Orient get about 80 mg of Isoflavones a day….women in US and Europe get about 1.0 mg. That’s an 80% negative difference for US and Europe .
15. Soy protein helps the differentiated cell (bad cell) convert back to a normal cell.
Forms of Protein:
Dr. Nasr also listed the several forms of protein and the length of their chain of Amino Acids. The shorter the chain, the more quickly the Amino Acids can be absorbed and utilized.
1. Soy has the shortest chain and takes less than an hour.
2. Fish is next.
3. Chicken takes about 4 hours.
4. Beef takes about 5 hours.
5. Pork takes about 6-8 hours to digest.