It’s my favorite time of year!!! The cool air is here and the trees are turning beautiful colors. There is nothing better than sipping hot tea or a hot latte while sitting on the porch watching the kids play or talking with a friend.
The recipe below is from a friend Carol Cash. It is a healthy version of what you can get at Starbucks. The Starbucks Pumpkin Latte has 380 calories, 120 of which come from FAT! Plus it costs about $4.00! Carol’s version has 10 – 20 grams of protein, around 200 calories and less than 25 fat calories – plus it is made with real pumpkin, not pumpkin flavored syrup, so there is WAY less sugar too.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
Healthy Pumpkin Latte
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 -2 scoops Vanilla 180 Smoothee
- 2 Tablespoons canned pumpkin
- Heat gently – then add to
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg if desired