This is a version of my HealthyOates Protein Bars that you’ve already tried. My friend Rachel Brewer, at www.PureGoodness.net did these for her son’s Bug Themed birthday party. The best part is that it was all healthy food!!
* 1 cup plain, vanilla, or chocolate Shaklee Energizing Soy Protein, or Shaklee 180 Protein
* 1 cup oats, + more oats as needed (Bob’s Gluten Free are great!)
* 1/3 cup flax meal
* 1 cup almond butter or natural PB
* 2/3 cup raw honey
* 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
* Almond Slivers
* Melted Chocolate for Stripes and eyes in a baggie.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt together the Peanut Butter & Honey in a sauce pan. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and mix. Mold into 1 inch ovals and lay out on a tray. Let cool. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Place in a baggie and drizzle lines for the bee’s back and dots for eyes. Lay almond slivers on their backs and cool!
Check out Rachel Brewer’s site! I wish I was this creative!! You’re amazing Rachel! You definitely need your own TV Show!