- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (or toasted wheat germ)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tsp tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit (raisins, cranberries)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Toss the oatmeal, almonds, and coconut together on a sheet pan and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the flax seed meal.
Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the butter, agave, and vanilla in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture. Add the dried fruit and mix well.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Wet your fingers and lightly press the mixture evenly into the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool for at least 2 – 3 hours before cutting into squares.
Place in an air tight container!