HealthyOates Reese’s Cup Protein Bars
- 1 cup plain, vanilla, or chocolate doTERRA Trim protein
- 1 cup oats, + more oats as needed
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts or cereal
- 1 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 2/3 cup honey or agave
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
Optional Mix-Ins to Make it more Hearty:
- 3 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dried fruit
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup more almonds, walnuts, or other nut, chopped
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Add Honey and Peanut Butter and vanilla and stir into dry ingredients.
This may take a little brute force to get all the ingredients to stick together! If mixture seems too wet add in more oats and continue to combine until mixture forms a ball. If it is too dry, add a bit more peanut butter or honey.
NOTE: IF Peanut Butter is hard to mix into dry ingredients, heat honey on stove on high until bubbles break the surface; remove immediately and don’t allow to boil. Immediately add peanut butter and vanilla to the hot honey in the pan; stir until well combined and smooth.
*Omit heating the honey if your peanut butter is already fairly runny. These steps are to melt the peanut butter and make it pliable in the mixture. It’s not necessary if your nut butter is already smooth.
3. Press down into ungreased 9 x 13 in. glass dish and sprinkle dark chocolate chips across the top of the bars (will not cover entire top).
4. Place bars in oven on “Broil” for 45 seconds- 1 minute. Remove and spread melted chocolate chips evenly across the top of the bars.
**Omit step 4 if you don’t want chocolate on top. Or if you are taking these on the go, you can add the chips into the dry ingredients and mix in rather than melting the chips on top.
5. Refrigerate till chocolate is hardened; remove and cut into squares.
HealthyOates Kitchen Tips:
- Freeze half the pan if you’re worried about eating them all (not that this would ever happen!)
- Cut into 1-3 inch bars and wrap each bar individually with plastic wrap. Smaller squares count as a treat. Larger bars would be a protein bar or granola bar replacement snack.
- These are great in kids lunches or as an afterschool snack!
- If you are trying to conquer your sweet tooth these bars will “RESET” your taste buds! Start by tossing the junk candy, make these instead, and then be patient with yourself! All changes take time!
- I also have used in this recipe: Shaklee Energizing Soy Vanilla, Shaklee Energizing Soy Chocolate, and both flavors of the Shaklee 180 for weight loss: 180 Chocolate and 180 Vanilla. I love using Shaklee 180 smoothee mix because its powered by Leucine to help preserve muscle while you loose weight.
- If you choose to use Shaklee Instant Protein, your entire dish or protein bars will have 120 g of Protein that offers all of the amino acids, especially the 9 essential amino acids that your body does not produce on it’s own. The Instant Soy Mix Protein is flavorless and is a substitute for flour in other recipes. We keep this on hand at all times to replace flour in recipes like pancakes, cookies, and sauces–it’s a great way to cut back on the flour and carbs!
- If using peanut butter, try to avoid PB with added sugar or preservatives. Get Natural or Organic PB. The really smooth kind works well. If it is hard, you need to heat the agave on the stove first (1 minute), remove from heat and immediately add the PB. Mix in until melted.
Once you taste these, you’ll never need a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup again! My kids have commented how Reese’s now tastes “gross” because the chocolate and peanut butter taste so fake.
I would love to hear what you think of these bars! If you like this recipe, or are looking for other easy recipes for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, or Snacks, check out my other recipes or my new book 5 ALIVE. It has nearly 125 quick recipes divided up into 5 meals for the day. It’s a simple eating plan that will help you get in shape and master food cravings.
If you are following the Shaklee 180 program, 5 ALIVE was written to help you know exactly what to eat at each non-Shaklee 180 meal.