This recipe is especially for kids or adults who must avoid foods that contain gluten, which is a type of protein found in many foods. This healthy, gluten free dessert is under 100 calories and a good source of calcium. We love healthy treats around our house! We are off to our girls’ soccer games and look forward to coming home to this yummy treat!
Prep time: 5 minutes to prepare, freeze overnight
- 30 oz. Plain Stoneyfield Farms Organic Yogurt or Vanilla or Strawberry flavored yogurt
- 1 c. strawberries
- Splash of Agave or Stevia to sweeten
- Optional: 3 Tbsp. Shaklee Instant Protein or Energyzing Vanilla (Shaklee Protein adds all 23 amino acids to these pops, including the 9 essential amino acids that your body does not produce on its own)
- measuring cup 6 paper cups (8 oz.)
- 6 popsicle sticks freezer
- Or use ready made freezer pop molds
Put strawberries in a blender and mix until berries are cut into small pieces. Mix yogur, berries, and Agave together in a large bowl. Equally divide yogurt mixture in 6 paper cups. Place a popsicle stick in the middle of the yogurt. Put in the freezer and freeze overnight. Before eating, remove paper cup.
Serving size: 1 popsicle
Variations and suggestions: Be creative and try different flavors of yogurt and fruit. If you don’t have a blender, chop up berries or fruit into small pieces.
Note: The average American kid has 22 tsp. of sugar a day. These sugars are coming mostly from hidden sources like lunch meat, yogurt, juices, condiments, etc.