I am in love.
With lemon essential oil.
Lemon has always been one of my favorite scents because of how fresh and invigorating it is. But it is also one of my favorite flavors. And now, I’ve discovered how to make a yummy treat with this golden beauty.
But first, a few fun facts about lemon oil:
- Did you know lemon oil is not the same as lemon juice? Our doTERRA lemon oil is cold pressed from the rind versus squeezed from the fruit.
- The most beneficial part of the lemon is in the rind…but who wants to eat that? Next best thing? Lemon oil!
Lemon oil is great for:
- Naturally cleansing the body
- Supporting healthy respiratory function
- Cleansing and purifying the air and surfaces
- Promoting a positive mood
Pack all that goodness in a cookie and it’s a little bite of heaven!
doTERRA Lemon Cookies
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Powdered Sugar, plus more for rolling the cookies in.
- ¾ Cup organic sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ cup flour**
- 15 drops of Lemon doTERRA Essential Oil**
*I split my flour to cut back on carbs and use 1¼ cup organic flour; ½ cup Shaklee Instant protein mix – it can replace flour in cooking and adds 15 grams of protein per 2 Tablespoons
**doTERRA Lemon oil is only $10/bottle as a Wholesale Customer so it’s an easy add to your kitchen staples!
Try these out for yourself and let me know how you like them! I’m taking mine to a cookie exchange tonight. Yes, even HealthyOates go to cookie exchanges…we just try to make the cookies a little better for you. 😉