We love hummus!! This goes great with pita wedges, corn chips, or fresh cut veggies (peppers, carrots, cucumbers, etc.). Try it with different mix-ins like sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Leave me comments of how you tweak this so we all can enjoy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt or Veganaise (mayonnaise substitute)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Combine the garbanzo beans, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, water, salt, pepper, and cumin in a blender or food processor, blend until smooth.