I recently posted this recipe on our other blog, but it was so yummy I wanted to share it with all of our BURSTClub readers. I hope you will get brave and try it! Don’t be afraid of the avocado or dates in this recipe! The avocado gives it a creamy, mousse texture and the you won’t even know there are dates sweetening these truffles!
If you’re like me, a sucker for dark chocolate, you’ll love these! Try them out and let me know what you think!!!
Dark Chocolate Protein Truffles
- 2 cup walnuts or cashews
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 small Hass avocado, cut into small chunks
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa or cacao, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp. protein (we use Shaklee chocolate or vanilla protein)
- pinch of salt
- shredded coconut
- cocoa nibs
- sesame seeds
- chia seeds
- finely chopped nuts
- finely chopped dark chocolate pieces
- Place the nuts and dates in a food processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes, until finely chopped and the mixture begins to stick together.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and pulse until well blended. The fudge “dough” should stick together and be moist.
- Remove fudge from food processor and form into a ball. Then break off small chunks and roll into about 15 small balls.
- Roll the balls in the toppings of your choice (or sprinkle if using sea salt).
- Once rolled, place the balls in the fridge so the coconut oil can firm up.