If you are seriously depleted, this is what I started on for 3 months to rebuild my body. Remember, what you are getting with these supplements will feed your body like real food does. These vitamins are not like what you buy in the store. Read on below if you would prefer to start smaller. My recommendations, based on mine and others’ experience, is that you do the full regimen for a time in order to allow your body to regain a sense of homeostasis, or balance. We spend years destroying our bodies, yet want it to all be fixed with one pill. It oftentimes takes more than that to replenish years of stress, trauma, poor eating, and bad habits.
Foundational Nutrition Pack
- Vita-Lea— A whole food multi that gives you 100% RDA of all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamin B + C Complex— C boosts your immune system, which is down because of your body working so hard to form the baby. Plus Vitamin C does tons of other things involving connective tissue and basic body building functions, preventing stretch marks, and aids in post-labor recovery time. Shaklee’s C is Sustained Release, meaning it releases over a period of time. Taking one C is like eating 1 1/2 oranges every hour for 6 hours. This Complex is also coated in the critical B vitamin, folic acid, which is necessary for the baby’s development. Many B-Complexes contain this important B vitamin but your body can’t access it in time and it leaves your system unused. B also helped when I was in labor with cramping! It is called the “happy vitamin”–helps regulate hormones, blood sugar, reduce cravings, etc.
- Carato-E-Omega Complex–helps with skin elasticity, provides critical antioxidants, and aids in proper circulation. It also delivers 7 Omega 3’s to help reduce the risk of heart disease and promote brain and joint health. CaratoMax part of the Complex is basically caratanoids found in fruits and vegetables which provide tons of antioxidants protection.
- Optiflora–A probiotic that can help maintain a healthy balance of intestinal microflora. This helps prevent yeast infections and promote digestive health. We need good bacteria to fight off the bad!
2. Soy Protein–This is a key for everyone. Most of us are not getting all 23 amino acids every day. Amino Acids are the building blocks of protein, which is essential for many functions of the body. 8 of these 23 are called Essential, which means you need them, yet your body can not produce them on its own. You have to get them from an outside source. And the catch is, if you don’t get these 8, your body won’t make the other 15! Our processed food diets are certainly not getting the majority of us a good dose of all 23 amino acids.
Make yourself a shake first thing in the morning, at lunch or for an evening snack. Shaklee has two types of shakes to choose from: Energizing Soy Protein, or Shaklee 180 Smoothees. All Shaklee shakes contain all 23 amino acids.
For Greater Nutritional Needs:
1. Vivix–World’s best anti-aging supplement. This is anti-aging at the cellular level. Shaklee spent years in the research and development of this product and proved that it reverses cellular damage in four different areas. To read more click here. For those with severe issues, typically this is due to damage at the cellular level. This product is reversing problems because it is getting to the root–at the cellular level!
Foundational Nutrition: Individual Products
The below list is a break down of some of the most vital nutrients (that are included in the Vitalizer, but that can be bought separately).
1. Protein–-See above
2. Vita-Lea w/ or w/o Iron–This multi is an activator of new cells (it is included in the Vitalizer 30 day supply pack, but you can buy it individually as well). It is whole, concentrated food grown organically. It is proven to increase bone density. Has no added preservatives, artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. 100% of RDA of biotin. Makes protein more efficient with 29 vitamins and minerals to activate body cells to rebuild and be strong and healthy.
3. Sustained Release Vitamin C--Sustained to release over 6 hours. Like eating 1 1/2 oranges every hour for 6 hours. You would have to eat 7 1/2 oranges to get the vitamin C equivalent to that found in 1 Sustained Release Vitamin C. Oranges cost approximately 39 cents each. (39 cents x 7.5 = $2.93). One Vitamin C costs 19 cents! Helps to build connective tissue, collagen, is a natural antihistamine, an anti-stress and antioxidant vitamin, builds red blood cells, prevents colds, infections, and varicose spider veins.
Very Helpful Extras:
1. B-Complex — Helps regulates the nerves and reduces the effects of stress. Metabolizes fat and protein. Aids in healthy hair, skin, eyes, mouth and liver. B vitamins are termed “the Happy Vitamin” as they help ward off depression. B is depleted through stress and sugar so it is important to supplement with B. While many manufactured B vitamins are not balanced in their naturally occurring form Shaklee B-Complex is perfectly balanced.
2. OsteoMatrix–This is a combination of Calcium and Magnesium. Crucial for proper formation of bones and teeth. Our protein promotes this as well, but this is a more specific and concentrated amount. Cal/Mag also helps headaches, relax muscles, helps with cramps, muscle spasms, backaches, and menstrual pain. It is essential for clotting of blood. I used this (or the chewable Calcium) a lot during pregnancy for heartburn. It would take it aways within 15 minutes!
3. Herb-Lax –Cleanses lymph glands, the blood stream and digestive tract (cleansing the walls of the intestines where many illnesses begin). Stimulates bile flow in the liver without killing bacteria. Promotes regularity without a fatigue reaction, preventing hemorrhoids. A great product to detox daily with! Cleansing the colon allows for optimal nutrient absorption. If the colon is blocked or full of toxins, it is likely the nutrients you take will not be absorbed. Doing a small detox before beginning a basic nutritional program is recommended. See our full detox plan here.