as the primary basis of comparison because Wal-Mart is a national brand with a substantial percentage of market share and is known as “the low price leader.” The Cost Comparison becomes even more powerful by demonstrating that Shaklee products are competitive with and in most cases beat Wal-Mart.
There are many competing products in the comparison, particularly the “green” products available at Wal-Mart. There are factors other than cost to remember when choosing your cleaning products. Shaklee Get Clean are non-toxic, biodegradable, are safe around children and adults, leave no harmful residues, and out-performs many leading national brands.
Our friends have attempted to thoroughly research every category and have followed these principles in designing this comparison sheet:
2. Certain categories could not be included because absolutely clear manufacturer claims for usage could not be established, and therefore, a completely verifiable comparison could not be made.
3. All categories that ARE included have been checked and re-checked and checked again, and where necessary, competitors’ products were purchased and measured — and re-measured — for accuracy to determine number of usages and cost per usage.
4. Where no specific number of uses has been indicated for the Get Clean product, it was also measured, re-measured, and measured again, and the most conservative number used for comparison to give the competitor the benefit of the doubt.
5. Wal-Mart was used for comparison pricing specifically because Wal-Mart is a national chain and is generally known as “the low price leader” — again, for the sake of credibility, to create a conservative comparison that gives the competitors the benefit of the doubt.
6. Earth Fare was used for comparison pricing for the brand, again, because Earth Fare is a widely-known chain and Seventh Generation is one of the most widely-known “green” brands.
If a particular major product category is NOT included on this sheet, it may be because:
2. While Get Clean products are “competitive” in price in every category, they are not necessarily always the least in usage cost. Certainly, they are advantageous and beneficial for many other reasons and should be promoted based on those reasons and are not included on this price comparison sheet.